When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
Chariot Plumbing Supply and Design's Return/Exchange policy is as stated below
and exceptions to this policy should be approved by a manager. Chariot reserves the right
to deny any return/exchange request as it sees fit. Chariot also reserves the right to retain
and apply return credits toward an owed balance rather than issuing a refund. Chariot
reserves the right to waive or alter the contents of this policy at any time without notice.
Chariot offers a 30 day return/exchange period on returnable items with
accompanying receipt or other proof of purchase. All items being returned/exchanged
must be in similar, or like new, condition as when purchased. Chariot will inspect the item
upon its return to determine the state of the item. If the item is returned in a less than "like
new" condition the restocking fee with be accessed accordingly.
Any item returned after 30 days will have a minimum of 25% restocking fee
added to the credit. It must still be in similar, or like new, condition as when purchased,
and proof of purchase must be provided.
After an item has been returned Chariot maintains a 48 hour processing period.
During this time the return is reviewed and the proper paperwork is processed. During this
period it is also assessed whether any of the funds will be retained due to open balances
on the account. The accounting office is the only entity authorized within Chariot to issue
refunds. Any inquiries as to your returns progress will be directed to the Accounting office.
Chariot does not accept returns under any circumstance for the following items:
- Custom Made Items. A custom made item is determined to be a product that has
been specially made for the customer to their specific design and specifications.
- Specially Ordered Items. A specially ordered item is determined to be a product
that is ordered in from our vendor that is uncommon, or not typically stocked by
- Clearance items. A clearance item includes all items on sale as well as other
clearance stock. The customer is made aware at the time of purchase that these are
final sale and are purchased in an as-is state. Chariot is not responsible for any
missing pieces not included with the item as well as any damage that could occur
due to the use of a clearance item. Chariot does not guarantee the performance of
any clearance item.
- No items that have been installed. Any item that has been installed in any varying
degree. We cannot resell items that have been installed, therefore we cannot take
them as a return.
- Items purchased 90+ days prior.
If product is received damaged, Chariot must be notified within 48 hours of the
receipt of the item of any and all damage to said product. If the product is damaged
during shipping and the receiving company signs for the product, and Chariot is not
notified in the previously mentioned time frame, Chariot is not responsible for the
Chariot Return Procedure
- All returns that are older than 30 days or are special order items must be approved by a
manager, and have a restocking fee added.
- Product must be present and inspected at the time of return or photos of the damaged
product (from our long distance customers) must have been received.
- Write up a credit memo. (See "Creating a Credit Memo" below.) If the product is being picked up by the driver, they must fill out the "Returned
Item Form," and return it to Samantha so a credit can be created.
- Print a copy of the credit, attach it to the item and take the item to the warehouse.
Please make sure you care communicating properly with the warehouse so that the
item(s) get put away properly.
Creating a Credit Memo
Credit memos are crucial in accurately accounting for our inventory and our cash flow.
Please carefully follow the instructions below when creating a credit memo.
Credits MUST be written if the product has left the building OR if the item has already been
paid for. An invoice should NEVER be altered.
Credit memos should only be written up if the product is in front of you and you have
personally inspected each item or if you have received pictures (from our long distance
customers) of the damaged product. (Please see the Warranty Policy and Procedure
attached). Make sure you communicate properly to your customer any fees that may be
deducted at the time of the return.
- Customer information on the credit memo MUST match the customer information on
the invoice that it is being applied to. Example: If the Credit is for Retail Referral, the
credit has to also be under retail referral. Credits cannot be applied to invoices under a
different account. This includes different jobs under the same account.
- General/Retail accounts
Complete customer information must be on the credit memo. This
includes Customer name, phone #, email address.
Credits should NEVER be left open on these accounts. They need to be
applied to an invoice or refunded within 48 hours of the return.
- PO Number Box should have the Invoice # of the original purchase AND the initials of
the person writing the credit memo. This is so we can reference the price and details of
the original transaction and who wrote up the credit.
- Make sure the rep reflected on the credit memo is the originating sales rep.
- Product being returned- This should include a detailed description of the item just like
on an invoice. It should include the model #, finish, and any other key information about
Notes including a reason for return should be included beneath the items
returned. It should include as much detail as possible.
- If the product is damaged, use the item code "Damaged Product," and then enter a
detailed description of the item that we are crediting.
- If the product is being returned as a warranty (meaning we will get a credit from the
manufacturer) use the item code "Warranty," and then enter a detailed description of
the item that we are crediting.
- Pricing for the items returned should match the price paid on the original transaction.
Any fees being deducted from the amount should be deducted on a separate line with a
detailed description of why the amount is being deducted (restocking fees, cleaning
fees, etc). Please make sure the price is negative so that it subtracts from the
amount of the credit.
- Notes as to where the credit is being applied should be typed or written below all of the
items/fees and highlighted so that we ensure that they are applied correctly.
- All refunds must be made to the original card the item was purchased on.
- To ensure that refunds are being processed properly, they should only be processed by
the accounting team. These refunds will be processed within 48 hours.
- Members of accounting team are the only ones who can apply credits to invoices.
Warranty Policy and Procedure
When an item is returned damaged there are specific procedures we have to follow to
ensure that we are taking care of our customers in the most efficient way, and that Chariot is
able to receive a full credit for the damaged product.
- Send new product to the customer ASAP. Write up a new invoice for the
product and include detailed notes that it is a warranty item, and any information
regarding a pending return.
- Write up the credit properly. Please see "Creating a Credit Memo,"
- Obtain all information to be able to file a RGA/warranty claim. If you are unsure
of what is needed to be able to complete the RGA/warranty, talk to the receiving
Blanco: The following information needs to be emailed to the Receiving Manager, so he can
submit the RGA:
- 3 pictures of the sink.
-One of the barcode on the bottom of the sink.
-One of the damaged parts of the sink.
-One of the overall sink.
- The original PO #
- If the sink has been installed you need to know the name of the customer and the
length of time it was installed. ***We CANNOT have a sink that has been installed be
uninstalled and returned. Blanco will not give us credit for these.
Elkay: The sink needs to be returned to us even if it is broken. Contact Dustin @ Lovell, and he
will get you the necessary information to complete the RGA.
Oasis Porcelain: Pictures of the sink need to be sent to the Shipping Manager so a claim can
Faucets/Shower Trims: If parts to fix cannot be sent to the customer, the product must be
returned. Check with the manufacturer's rep before taking specific action.
Kohler : Have the sink returned to us. Contact Standard or Stock Market to process the claim.
The claim has to be processed within a week of receiving the sink back.
Franke: Any installed item from Franke must be handled directly by the customer with their
customer service team. NO EXCEPTIONS. Any non-installed item can be returned to Chariot
and the Receiving Manager will handle the RGA.